Thursday, March 5, 2020

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

The quality of the comments and feedback that I am getting from my peer students is very helpful! It helps me realize what may be missing in the story from a reader's perspective. Since I live out stories in my mind, I sometimes forget to consider things that may not be assumed by others. Therefore, the "Let's Pretend" and TAG feedback methods have been very helpful to me. 

Furthermore, I would like to believe that the quality of the comments and feedback that I am giving to my peer students is helpful. I really enjoy giving feedback through the WWW and "Let's Pretend" methods. Particularly the "Let's Pretend" method allows me to think of the story in a wholistic view because I am pretending that I am a character in the story. Furthermore, I am getting some good ideas for my own writing from analyzing other people's writing. For example, I have read stories that instead of bluntly telling the reader particular information, they use descriptive words to allow the reader to infer information. Therefore, I have tried to incorporate this tactic in my own writing.

Through blog comments, I feel like I have been getting to know people! I have recognized great diversity in the people, their interests and majors, in this class. I have realized that I have taken a lot classes with students in my major but I don't know any of their interests. I love how this class is structured that we get to meet others even past their name and major. I love my Introduction post, so I hope people are getting to know me too.


Looking forward, I want to use the TAG method more. I feel like that feedback method has been helpful to me so I want to do the same for others. I feel like my peers could possibly give me feedback in the style WWW to help me improve too? I like my Comment Wall and Introduction so I will be keeping that the same and get feedback there. 

(Image Sources: (1) and (2))
I have chosen this photo because it is an accurate representation of how I feel about my peers giving my feedback. They have really guided me by giving my honest opinions from their perspectives. I think through their feedback, I have improved in my writing. I truly feel like the orange kitty in this photo. I also feel like collectively, as a whole, my peers are represented by the black cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment