Sunday, March 29, 2020

Week 9 Story: A Day in Our Lives: Warrior Training

ALL ON SCREEN: Hi! What's up guys! We're the Pandavas and welcome back to our channel! Before we begin please hit that subscribe button and turn on the bell button to receive notifications every time we post, or just come back every Sunday because we post weekly! As you can tell by the title of this video, today we are going to have old school warrior training! We are going to take you along our vlog! So without further ado, let's get on with the video.

(Video cuts to the training.)

YUDHISHTHIR: Hi guys! So we are here at the training ground. All five of us are here with our trainer, Drona. It's a beautiful day so we are very excited to begin. Drona is a bit late, he texted me saying that he is bringing my chariot so I can begin learning how to ride it. Anyway, it should be here any minute, but until then, let's check up on the twins!

(Video cuts to the twins in control of the camera.)

NAKUL: Hiii!

SEHDEV: Hello hello! We have our swords right here!! Ba bam!

NAKUL: I think they are pretty cool. If you look closely you can see our names engraved on it.  Drona just arrived and he saw us having a mock battle. He says we are naturals with the sword.

SEHDEV: I mean twin telepathy brought to the warrior stage?? Come on! That's legit bro! I think being twins helps us become better swordsmen because I feel like I know what you are going to do.

(Video cuts to Bheem in control of the camera.)

BHEEM: What's up guys! Glad to bring you along to our training. I just came from our home gym and it was arm day, so I worked on triceps and biceps. All of us workout at the gym but we have different routines each day. If you want to see what we all do for our workouts, like how many reps we do and what machines we use, comment down below! Let us know what you want to see from us next! Anyway, today I am using the mace. I am glad that I went to the gym right before this because using this mace will require great strength.

(Video cuts to Arjuna in control of the camera.)

ARJUNA: What. Is. Up. Ahhhhh hope you guys are have a beautiful day! If not I hope this video is making you smile even just for a little. Today, as my brothers have said we are having warrior training! I have picked the art of archery, and my bow and arrow just came in a few days ago. I think archery is just as much a mental sport as it is physical, so that is why I chose to tackle the art. It will be a challenge for me so it will be that more rewarding at the end. 

(Video cuts back to Yudhishthir in control of the camera.)

YUDHISHTHIR: Look at this!! Its my chariot! It has arrived! Dude I am so excited to ride this thing, but for now let us cut to a training montage of all of us!

(Training montage of each brother is inserted into the video.)

ALL ON SCREEN: Aaaaaand we are back! We hope you enjoyed today's video! We just wanted to do a vlog since we haven't uploaded one in a while. We know all the weapons we trained with are a bit old school, but we thought it would be fun just to test it out! Hope you guys enjoyed! If you did, please give this video a thumbs up and comment down below which one of our weapons you would want to train with? Or if you have trained with any of these weapons, let us know your tips and tricks with your way around the weapon! Aaaaaand thanks for watching! We will see you guys next time! Bye!

This image represents where the Pandavas uploaded their vlog. YouTube is the prime location for creators to have a channel and post content they see fit. 


Author's Note:
So we are still in quarantine. Today marks my fifteenth day either at my home or only at a one mile radius from it to get some fresh air. During my time in quarantine, I have spent a lot of time on YouTube! Currently, I am hooked on watching the Merrell Twins (who I totally recommend watching)! Therefore, for my story this week, I turned it into a YouTube channel. I think it represents my life right now, similar to others, where we are working from home. So this story is a combination of YouTube and Epics of India. I based off the story over the warrior training the Pandavas got from Drona, but it is set in our time rather than centuries ago. Each of brothers has a specific weapon they excel using and I just wanted to bring that out in this story. 


Bibliography: Mahabharata Videos, Part B. By Epified Authors.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zhanie,
    This was such a fun story to read! I liked the vlog style of storytelling. It is cool to see the brothers training with ancient weapons for a YouTube video. I think you did a very good job with putting a modern twist on everything. Everything down to the way each brother talks is great and the whole time I felt like I was watching an actual YouTube video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a good little laugh thinking that the Pandavas partake in video blogging. I found the way you wrote out the story in a script/screenplay-like fashion to be very intriguing. I thought it was a nice change in the creative decision and I enjoyed how you even thought out the camera angles. You did a nice job on breaking it down!

    ReplyDelete