Friday, January 17, 2020

Refocusing Our Lives to Have a Growth Mindset

Yet...
I tend to overlook that three letter word. I brush it off and dismiss its meeting. I fall in the trap of forgetting about the big goals in life such as helping each other and happiness, but rather I exert so much energy just to get the grade letter "A." However, like what Carol Dweck said, the word "yet" provides hope for improvement while linking a positive future to the present. Personally, I know I need to refocus my life to have a growth mindset. I have started doing this at the end of last year (2019) because I realized that I was beating myself up for grades that did not really matter. I was not realizing the bigger picture. I was not letting myself make mistakes, which really hurt me in the long run. It is my learning goal for my last undergraduate semester to simply learn. I want to learn the material to actual know it and not just know it for a test and simply forget it hours after I take an exam. After having an introduction to growth mindset, I hope to learn more about it through this course and apply it to not just school but life as well. I want to refocus my life to continuously grow and learn rather than only doing what is needed. I want to flourish.


(A flower flourishing is the image I have when thinking about having a growth mindset.)

No comments:

Post a Comment