Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Storybook Favorites

A storybook that intrigued me was The Chiranjivi. As I read through the Introduction, I realized how the layout of the page was very clear and appealing that it encouraged me to read more. For example, the author used the Power of Three. Horizontally across the page, there were three images. Respectively underneath the image, there was the name of the one in the image and a short description of who it was. Then lastly, underneath the description there was a boxed link that directed the reader straight to the story of the one in the image. The author used the Power of Three both vertically and horizontally. It was a very organized layout and it personally intrigued me to click on the links. I was taught the importance of the Power of Three before and is used when trying to relate a message to an audience, and I believe that the author used this tool very well. More so, this storybook continued to impress me because as I read the stories and the author notes. I realized the writer would describe the point that the original story was trying to relate, but then the author changed the story to relate his/her view instead.

A storybook that interested me just be its title was I've Got a Job for You. I believe a strong title will pull in readers. As I read through the Introduction, I automatically felt like I was part of the story. The storybook was written in second-person. The word "you" was all over the page. Even though it felt very upfront to me, it interested me because I felt like I was part of the act. I am suddenly involved. Most stories I read, I feet like I was an outsider who is simply gaining a new perspective from the opinion of the author. However, this storybook greatly differed. The opinion was my own and it seemed like I was a main character.


(Image describing the feeling of stories written in second-person.)


The third storybook I was very impressed by was Gossip Girl: Ayodhya. While I am not a big fan of the TV show Gossip Girl and have only watched a few episodes, I still love this storybook. It combines something that the author enjoys and integrates it in every story he/she writes. I believe this is truly brilliant. The information written is about the Indian epics that was read by the author. However, the author twisted the presentation of the stories' information and styled it to follow his/her favorite show. I believe this is a great way to integrate generations. Bringing in something that is very familiar to one's own generation, such as a TV show, to teach a lesson that was written decades ago is very artistic. I also believe the fact that one's favorite show is included in the work that is being done, as the author, writing the stories should be very fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment